Years of sun exposure can take a toll on your skin, leaving you with lines, wrinkles, sagging skin, or sunspots. Fortunately, the dermatologist at Foothill Dermatology Medical Center in Rancho Cucamonga and Glendora CA, Dr. Amarpaul Sidhu, can improve the appearance of your sun-damaged skin with a variety of cosmetic treatments.
Hate your sunspots?
Dark spots form on your face and body after years of exposure to the sun. Melanin, the pigment that gives your skin its color, may begin to clump together and form unattractive spots if you spend too much time in the sun. Your Rancho Cucamonga and Glendora skin doctor offers several treatments that reduce the appearance of sunspots, including:
- Creams: Prescription lightening creams can be helpful but may not always lighten the spot as much as would like.
- Cryotherapy: During cryotherapy, your skin doctor uses liquid nitrogen to freeze and remove your spots.
- Chemical Peels: A few days after the chemical peel solution is applied to your skin, the spot will gradually begin to peel away.
- Dermabrasion: Your dermatologist uses a handheld dermabrasion device to remove the layers of the skin that contain the sunspots.
- Laser Therapy: Laser treatments target the pigments in dark spots and offers a quick, effective removal method.
Fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin are common consequences of sun exposure
Sun exposure causes collagen to break down more quickly than usual. Collagen is a protein that gives your skin elasticity and helps keep it firm and supple. Without enough collagen, you'll begin to see fine lines and wrinkles or notice that your skin has begun to sag.
Chemical peels and dermabrasion help minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles, as can injectables. Botox injections prevent your muscles from contracting when you make facial expressions, reducing frown lines, crow's feet, lip lines, and forehead furrows. Injectable fillers add volume to your cheeks, undereye area, lips, and other areas.
Laser therapy offers another option. During the therapy, precisely targeted beams of laser light resurface your skin, eliminating lines and wrinkles. The therapy can also increase collagen production, reduce redness, and tighten your skin.
Has your skin been damaged by the sun?
The treatments offered by the dermatologist in Glendora and Rancho Cucamonga CA, Dr. Amarpaul Sidhu of Foothill Dermatology Center will refresh your appearance. Schedule an appointment by calling (626) 852-3376 for the Glendora, CA office. You can reach our Rancho Cucamonga office at (909) 256-8950 or (909) 483-0008.